Stock Car Reunion and ‘A Question of Stox Quiz Night’
Mildenhall Stadium, FRIDAY JUNE 22, 7:00pm
Question: What do you get if you cross the BBC programme ‘A Question of Sport’ with Stock Cars?
Answer: Give yourself two points if you said ‘A Question of Stox’!....
….And if you got that right then you’re in with a great chance of being amongst the winners of the third staging of this popular Quiz!
The last two Quiz nights were way back in the 1990s and were combined with REUNIONS for former drivers. They were a big hit with current drivers, ex-drivers and fans alike, so we’re all set for another fun-packed evening this time too. Co-inciding with the Saloon Stock Car British weekend on the Saturday and Sunday, we expect former Saloon drivers from England, Scotland and the Continent to ‘lock horns’ once again in the Quiz and in the bar of course!
The Reunion and Quiz are both FREE to enter or to simply watch, with the fun starting in Mildenhall Stadium’s main bar at 7:00pm.
In memory of former Stock Car and Superstox drivers Titch Gardner and Dave Pierce there will be a prize raffle on the night, with all proceeds going to the invaluable work of the Marie Curie Cancer Care charity. Spedeworth have kicked off the prize donations with a family ticket for the weekend, with Martin Hunt Video and Chris Berry Photos offering unique prizes too. Offers of others prizes would be warmly welcomed and appreciated - thank you!
Teams already entered include:
• ‘Fifty Shades of Gray’ - Led by Superstox & V8 drivers Peter & Alan
• ‘HCD’ - Featuring former Superstox World Champion ‘Chopper’ and Stock Saloon ace John Aylward
• ‘Popeye’ - Led by former Stock Saloon World Champ Ray ‘Popeye’ Goudy and winners of the first-ever Quiz!
• ‘Continental’ - Led by the sensational 1984 Word Stock Saloon Champion Dirk Thomas from Belgium and Historic driver Geert Roubroeks
• Hoots, it’s the Jocks!.... Yes North vs South ‘needle’ guaranteed with the ‘Stock Car Legends’ Team down en masse…..Plus many more drivers and teams entering every week!
• But the question is, can YOU put the bumper in on their chances by forming a team that snatches victory away on the last question?!.....
….Teams can be up to four people and entry is open to ANYONE! Why not get together with your friends? Enter a team and who knows, you might win the title that everyone is talking about!
There will be questions on Stock Car & Superstox action and personalities from the 60’s right through to the present day including the popular video round ‘What happened next?....’ Plus loads of fun, laughs and nostalgia!
To guarantee your table at the Quiz teams need to book in advance, although it is likely that spaces will be available ‘on the night’. So do come along, take part, watch the fun, buy a draw ticket and enjoy rubbing shoulders with stars from the past & present including the dynamic Southern duo Eddie George and Geoff Morris!...
The Reunion is an informal event - simply come along. ALL welcome!……And do check out the memorabilia in the bar and the famous Fish & Chip shop will be open too!...
For Quiz entries and to donate raffle prizes please contact Quiz organiser Kevin Wegg on 07866 927310 and check out the Facebook page ‘A Question of Stox Quiz’ for updates on team names and the reunion.